Capitol Technology University is happy to serve our veterans and dependents of veterans. We thank you for your service to our country!

Students wishing to use their VA education benefits while attending Capitol Technology University can receive assistance with their enrollment certifications and other questions by contacting a School Certifying Official (SCO) in the Office of Registration and Records at 301-369-2313 or VABenefits{at} Our office is located in Room A-208 of MA-Com Hall. We also have a printer-friendly information letter on using VA Education Benefits at Capitol Technology University that can be found here.

Veterans are certified on a per semester basis. Certifications do not automatically roll over from one semester to another. All continuing students must complete the VA Certification Request Form each semester or term that they wish to utilize their VA education benefits. In addition, any changes to a student’s schedule or status (including dropped, added or audited courses, changes in major or withdrawals) must be reported to a certifying official immediately as the university is required to notify the Department of Veterans Affairs within 30 days of any change is student status.

Veterans can find helpful information on the use of their VA education benefits at the GI Bill® Website or the VA's eBenefits portal including how to apply for VA Benefits and contact information for benefits counselors.  There have been a number of changes to VA education benefits in recent months so it is essential that students keep up to date on their benefits by using these online resources.

Adds, Drops and Withdrawals

Before making changes to your schedule please consult our VA School Certifying Official (VABenefits{at} to make sure that these changes do not negatively impact your VA funding.  Students planning to withdraw from a course or semester are strongly encouraged to consult the SCO before completing any withdrawal forms.  The website contains an excellent outline on the potential problems of withdrawing from courses mid-semester.

Questions on tuition discounts for active duty or retired servicemembers should be directed to BusinessOffice{at}

Veterans Benefits

For the most up to date information please visit


Eligible applicants and their dependents may qualify for veterans' educational benefits that are available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you think you may be entitled to these benefits, contact the VA' s education information hotline at 888-442-4551 to determine your eligibility. 

To use your benefits you must be admitted to the university in a program approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs and submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA.

Students receiving benefits under Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness & Employment (formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation) will have their authorizations to receive Chapter 31 benefits submitted electronically via the VA's Tungsten Network partner by their VR&E counselor.

In general, you will begin to receive your benefits after the Office of Registration and Records receives your Certificate of Eligibility and certifies your enrollment and education plan. You'll receive benefits only during your times of certified enrollment. Contact the Office of Registration and Records each semester you plan to use benefits so we can certify your enrollment. It can take several weeks for the VA to process benefits applications.

First Time Applicants for Veterans Educational Benefits

If you are planning to use Veteran Education Benefits for the first time at Capitol Technology University, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Office of Registration and Records. You may scan your  forms and e-mail them to

All New and Continuing Applicants for Veterans Educational Benefits

All new and continuing veterans applying for educational benefits must complete a VA Enrollment Certification Request Form for each semester enrolled.


This is the VA Enrollment Certification Request Form.

This form should be completed each semester to indicate all of the courses you wish to have certified with the VAPlease ensure that you are registered for classes and your schedule is finalized before submitting this form.
If this is your first semester or term at Capitol make sure that you have provided the VA School Certifying Official with your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or VR&E authorization form (sent by your VR&E counselor).
We will use the information provided on this form to certify your benefits. You can also use this form to request certification for prior semesters. If you have any questions please send an email to or call the Office of Registration and Records at 301-369-2313.
VA Enrollment Certification Request Form : Click Here

Printable Forms

Below are printable versions of the VA Enrollment Certification Request and Application to use VA Benefits at Capitol Forms.  If you are having difficulty accessing or using the online forms you may print these forms and submit them by fax (301-369-2310) or email (

Title Description File type

Use this form to notify the Office of Registration and Records of any change to your previously submitted certification request.  This includes adds, drops and changes to audit.


This letter helps explain the steps to take and forms needed to begin using VA Education Benefits at Capitol Technology University.